Welcome guest, please Login or Register

What’s next for CH and JB?

Poll: What kind of James Bond adventure would we like to see next from Charlie Higson?
Total Votes: 5
Young Bond Series 2 - The Fettes Years
War Bond - James Bond in World War II
XBond - Modern adult Bond novel by Charlie
No more Bond, stick with the zombies
Rank

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2010-09-12

PM

So what kind of James Bond adventure would you like to see next from Charlie Higson? I’ve created a little poll above with all the reasonable choices I can think of, but if you have any other ideas, feel free to post them below.

Signature

Visit my blogs The Book Bond and Wild About Harry.

Rank

Joined 2010-09-12

PM

I voted for Young Bond 2 because, you know, I love my Young Bond! But, honestly, I think as some point Charlie MUST write an adult Bond novel. It would be a crime against the Bond universe if he didn’t. Good news is there is a new series being launched next year (the first book by Jeffery Deaver is due out May 28, 2011). This new series (I’m calling it “XBond” for now) is being penned by multiple authors, so Charlie is an obvious choice.

Here’s the dream. Charlie does a three book YB Series 2, then does an adult Bond book. Sounds good to me. Make it so.

Signature

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-09-21

PM

Well I voted ‘Young Bond Series 2 - The Fettes Years’ but I don’t think it’s going to happen. Between the announcement about the six book deal for The Enemy and his comments that YB has reached its natural conclusion, I think we can take it that Charlie Higson has moved on from Bond.

Whether or not they decide to get another author in to carry on the series remains to be seen, I suppose.

Rank

Joined 2010-09-12

PM

I hear ya, Gargleblaster. I’m also starting to think that the sun has set on YB, but I haven’t given up all hope…yet.

Welcome to the forum, btw. smile

Signature

Rank

Joined 2010-09-12

PM

Gargleblaster - 21 September 2010 12:51 PM

Whether or not they decide to get another author in to carry on the series remains to be seen, I suppose.

That’s a possibility I hadn’t really let myself consider until now. Would have very mixed feelings about that.

Signature

Rank

Joined 2010-09-12

PM

So did anyone here watch Charlie’s Authors Live chat today? Any mention of Young Bond or what the future might hold?

Signature

Rank

Joined 2010-09-12

PM

You can view the entire Authors Live event here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/learning/authorslive/charlie_higson/video/#videoset

Unfortunately, the video isn’t available in my area. :(

Signature

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-12-16

PM

Nice post! I like this post. Here i do not understand what does CH and JB means. Please elaborate the term.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-03-25

PM

I agree with Dollon43, what does JB and Ch mean???